Friday, April 19, 2013

Purple Hues

PURPLE HUES

I recently had a dream about a friend.  He's not the kind of friend that I see all the time but one that has really touched me deeply and who has been there for some very important moments in my life.

I dreamed he died... frankly... and like most people would react, I thought "I never told him...."

The people we see regularly, I would guess, know how we feel.  We communicate more to them.  They see our emotions in our actions.  Things like that.

But sometimes there are people who mean a lot to us that aren't frequent enough, perhaps, to know just how much they mean.  And yet, we often don't tell them.

The unique thing about this friend

As much as I can relate to people around me, there is a large part of me that can't if I'm honest.  I find myself often looking around thinking - wow, I really don't fit here!

But this friend makes me feel like I'm ok.  He and I are a lot alike in the areas that I don't find comradery anywhere else.  He knows a side of me that no one else really knows.  He sees me with an angle that other's don't have.

When I woke up I wrote the lyrics to this song.

I was hoping that perhaps some of us could take a moment to be sure that we haven't left things unsaid.  

There are often 10, 20, maybe 100 good things that we think about someone for every one thing we might say.  But yet, something small can make a huge difference.

I've called and left a message, but I am going to make sure that this friend knows just how much he means to me and that even though we don't see each other very often, if he wasn't around, I would almost feel like a piece of me was missing.  

I think he does know even though I haven't said it.  But I want to make sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment