Saturday, April 13, 2013

UNDER "S"

UNDER "S" (click title to listen to song)

I am in Finland now and the people here are wonderful!  I must have been tired because I slept for 12 hours last night, minus the 5:00 am wake up (which was supper time at home) when I got up and ate a banana.  I find that sleep is not the biggest part of jet lag for me.  It's actually meals.  I wake up because it's meal time at home and my body thinks it's time to eat.

Did music and spoke last night.  It's a challenge speaking with an interpreter but we made it work.

Under "S" was written when I was attempting 100 songs in 30 days.  (took 45 days)

I'm sure most of us know someone who is incredibly smart and knows facts about things that are really random and seem useless... ok well at least useless to us.

A good friend of mine is like that.  He reads about everything from world history - politics - anteaters- medicine - philosophy.  The topic might be big or small.  Doesn't really matter.

One day he randomly started throwing out facts about sloths.  After going bug eyed, and laughing, I thought "who on earth carries around information about sloths on their brain's file folder?"  So Under "S" means the file "S" in his brain.

So I felt like I needed some useless facts too so I would write a song about it.  I can hardly keep up with needed facts! There's not much room in my brain for anything extra!  If I can keep straight when it's my turn to bring oranges to my son's soccer game, making sure flights are booked on time, handing in my invoices for work, and when all my kids special events are, I think I'm doing pretty good.

But this was my attempt anyway of entering the world of useless facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment